Villa Amita Bali
(as of September 2019)
Max guests (main event) : 40 (seated)
Max guest : 40 (standing)
Min Stay : 2 nights (low season), 5 nights (high season)
Applicable Event Fees and Banjar Fees apply for all weddings/events.
Villa rates : contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Curfews : 11:00 p.m. for live bands, 12:00 a.m. for amplified music
Villa Amita is a magnificent contemporary villa situated in the gated Gapura Vista Residence Community in Bukit, Jimbaran. With green lawns and an inspired architectural style it is the perfect place to host a special event. The villa is comprised of 5 double bedrooms, a huge living space, 3 pools, a great Media room and an amazing Studio.
These guidelines are intended to give Event Organizers (EO's) and their client's guidance specific to Villa Amita. The purpose of these guidelines is to set the conditions under which Villa Amita may be booked for an event to ensure that not only do the guests have a great time but also to protect the villa. The aim is to help guests and event organizers run trouble free events.
What is an event?
An event is a social gathering or celebration where the total number of guests exceeds 12 or when a significant amount of equipment (such as an external sound system) is brought onto the villa's premises. Commercial events (ticketed) are not permitted.
A fee is charged by the villa for an event. The fee covers the main event as defined above plus a smaller second pre- or post- event gathering. The second smaller gathering can only be run between the hours of 10am – 6pm and should not use any external equipment such as sound system, live band/DJ or extra lighting otherwise a supplementary Event Fee will be charged. The event fee will be invoiced as part of the villa booking.
Guests want to enjoy their event and not have to worry about the villa or contractors providing services. The responsibility for this lies with the Event Organizer. All events more than 25 guests are required to have a qualified EO who has been approved by Villa Amita before a booking can be confirmed. We have a list of qualified EOs as well as vendors which we will be happly to provide to guests.
The EO should:
• be onsite for the entire period of the main event including set up, event and clean up. Note that villa manager may refuse entry of contractors until the EO is onsite
• be onsite at the key times (contractor arrivals, clean up etc) for the second small gathering if applicable
• provide at least 2 telephone contact numbers for the duration of the event
• provide all staff for function duties including set up, event management and venue clean up
• try to use the local community where possible for entertainment and services such as flower girls, rindik, gamelan etc.
• Ensure vendors and outside catering staff don't smoke, eat or sleep around the villa premises. There is a designated area for these purposes; EO should consult the villa manager as to where this area is located.
• Vendors are not permitted into and/or to use any guests areas for the purpose of the event without the permission of the villa manager.
All event bookings will be required to submit an Event Plan via the appointed EO at least 4 weeks prior to the event date. The Event Plan should include: an Event Summary, a Run Sheet and a Site Plan. Villa Amita will review the Event Plan and provide suggestions and amendments no later than 14 days prior to the event. This is also applicable for pre and post events . Should an Event Plan not be submitted on time, it may result in cancellation of the booking. All events will be subject to a damage deposit of USD$3000 payable to VILLA AMITA and returned to the guest/EO pending approval from the villa manager. In our experience damage can be caused as much by contractors as guests attending the event, it is therefore our recommendation that this fee is split and paid equally by the event organizer and the guest renting the villa. This fee is due 14 days before the event. Refunds will generally be done within 7 days of the event, usually sooner. Please note that any negligence from vendors/caterers that causes damage to the villa will be fully borne by EO.
As our villa is in the Gapura Vista Residence area, guests and event organizers need to be sensitive to other villa owners. There are strict local rules about music and noise. The rules typically are:
• live music (band) and DJ permitted until 11 pm I Pod music permitted until 12 midnight
• reasonable house stereo system permitted after 12 midnight (the villa manager to determine appropriate sound levels at all times)
Power, Cabling and Lighting
Villa electrical supplies are generally not sufficient to cater for events. In order not to damage the supply and to protect the villa from fire hazards the guidelines below need to be followed:
• No power is to be drawn from the villa supply
• A generator with minimum 40KVA should be supplied
• Cables should not be dug into lawns
• Cables should try to follow edges of concrete / grass where possible
• Cable traps should not be laid in high traffic areas or where cables may pose a safety risk
• Electric lanterns are permitted to be hung from trees using existing nails only
• Heavy lighting must be attached by metal brace and not by hooks and nails
• Paper candle lanterns, fireworks or Thai wishing lanterns are not permitted
• All candles should have candle bases to prevent wax spillage
Bali seasons are : the dry season running from April – October, the wet season November – March.
The main villa and grounds
The grounds of Villa Amita are extensive however the most natural space for an event is directly in front of the main living pavilion (for dinner) and the living room for cocktails or the Studio for smaller events
The living room can be used as a welcome space but no furniture is to be moved.
Food and Beverage
Catering will be provided by the in house Chef and Beverages and service will be handled by the Villa Staff for all events of 25 and below. For larger events an Event Organizer is required. It is required that the event organizer liaises direct with the villa manager in regards to all food and beverage requests for any given event.
Many events require structures to be built at the villa. These structures can cause considerable long term damage, especially to lawns and swimming pools. To minimise the risks of damage the following :
• Structures such as marquees, service bars, pool platforms, dance floors and DJ booths need to be included on the Site Plan for approval
• Marquees should be freestanding where possible
• Staging and platforms should have drop sheets put down before painting
There is one public bathroom available for use during events. The EO is responsible for the cleanliness of the toilets during the event. It is our recommendation that a second toilet in the Frangipani Suite be available for use also.
There is ample parking on site for guests, EO's and suppliers. Where possible, supplier vehicles should be removed prior to the event.
I confirm that I have read, understand and will abide by these guidelines. I commit to providing these guidelines to all staff and clients on behalf of whom I am booking Villa Amita.
Company name ____________________
Company stamp ____________________